hard to say. I think much less in "welfare" than people would have you
believe. You cannot receive money from these programs unless you are
here legally. There are definitely costs, as in my example of a
truckload of illegal aliens flipping over. But I'm not sure you should
put that loss in an "illegals" column, as they would stay an maybe
even pay their hopital bill if they could. I think that loss and the
accompanying loss of productivity have to be added to the cost of the
current policy.

Now, where you for sure have increased costs is in ESL teeachers in
the schools. Right offhand I can't think of another cost that is
definitely caused by illegal immigration though. Probably I am missing
something.

I do suspect though that if you did a cost-benefit analysis you might
be surprised.