My wife has MS so I can certainly sympathise, she hasn't had an attack for
quite a few years now and to meet her you would not think anything was
wrong. But we are always aware of the possibility of another attack, last
time she practically went blind overnight, the time before she had
difficulty walking - she is 99% recovered now but who knows what may happen
next time.

At least we will never be in the circumstances that this couple found
themselves, the medical care she needs will always be available regardless
of our financial circumstances. It does seem an odd way of him ending her
life though when there would have been so many other "better" ways of doing
it, I wonder if it was a spur of the moment thing where he just cracked
under the pressure and it was the first thing that came to mind?