>what do you think they do with the lap band and the gastric bp surgery?
>shrink your shit so you can only EAT HALF OF THE PORTION anyway.
>
>why not just do it without the surgery?

I wasn't sure if I wanted to reply to this comment or not, as this isn't
usually something I talk about publicly, but what the hey. I had a weight loss
surgery 4 years ago, and I can say that there's a BIG difference between a lap
bad and a GBP and even more so with the surgery I had (duodenal switch). Some
do indeed just restrict what you can eat (lap band) but the effects of having a
portion of your stomach removed are actually much greater than just restricting
intact. There's a hormone produced in the stomach that has been found to cause
hunger...removing the bulk of the stomach actually takes away a lot of the
cravings that those of us that are overweight tend to have all the time. It's a
great relief to get rid of that, let me tell you, it was the first time in my
life I can even remember not being hungry all the time. It also often
completely takes care of diabetes...they are not sure exactly why, but I've
seen people go almost immediately after surgery from needing insulin daily to
being able to regulate their sugar through diet only. My blood sugar was in the
diabetic range, but returned to normal and has been fine since. Depending on
the surgery you choose, there are many other ways that it can assist in losing
weight and keeping it off, such as lowering cholesterol and reducing the
absorption of fat.

Having said that, I still would never recommend it unless someone is in the
situation I was, of having been heavy their entire life, failed many times on
other diets, and having health issues that make losing weight by normal means
difficult. My road has not been an easy one by any means, and I still have to
watch my diet and exercise like everyone else. But on top of that I have to
take large doses of vitamins daily, have regular blood checks and am at higher
risk for things like osteoporosis and other nutritional issues as I age. It
does always amaze me though the way people will have a major surgery like this
done and then not comply with the requirements of it afterwards and cause even
worse health problems as a result.