I doubt her paycheck is paid for by the same people that would consider this
insulting.  As I understand it this is pretty much how she talks all the
time - on the show she won the award for.

Besides... who's going to get a boycott?  The 4+ Hour pre-recorded, shunted
to basic cable hell technical Emmy presentation?  It's pretty much boycotted
as it is.

A better boycott, if you're into that kind of thing, would be of her show
(wherever the hell it airs).  So air her comments and let people react as
they may.

As it is the group is STILL censuring her AND publically repeating her
comments to whatever news outlets they can draw.  So the speech is out there
but only their side of it: we can't see the context, crowd reaction or
anything else from the actual incident.

> So who called it hate speech?

"The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights"

Jim Davis