The exact same thing happened to us when, on a lark, we posted on
craigslist.  I felt like asking in a revised post for people to follow a
specific set of instructions embedded in the job specs, then setting an
email filter to forward only the ones who followed the instructions and
responding with a "here's why we're not going to call you..." to everyone
else.

It really does seem that most of the people who are looking for work are
doing so for a very good reason.  I mean, literally 80% of our responses
clearly violated the specs we asked for.

In our case we were looking for a full-timer, and we quickly realized that
we would need to find someone already doing the do.  I've heard it many
times that if you want someone really great, lure them away from their
current engagement.

It's kind of like women who only go after men who are already married with
children, because it's a certification of sorts.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com