I FINALLY got the beta working late Thursday.... then had to leave Friday
for a wedding in Buffalo.  ;^)  I got in a coupla hours on it.

I only just got home but plan on putting in a lot more.  REALLY fun game
that I TOTALLY SUCK at.

But despite my completely craptastic performance NOBODY, NOT A SINGLE
PERSON, on any of the servers I tried insulted me (or anybody else).  I
can't play "Uno" on Xbox Live for five minutes without some punk calling me
a "fag".

> i primarily play medic, as always game name is DrWho
> primary server i play on: 69.90.119.149:27015

Cool - I'll note it.

I'm still finding my niche but I'm least crappy with the Heavy so far.  ;^)
I think my biggest problem is an inability to switch weapons well... I
really miss a nice single player option to just learn the controls and
practice a little.  As it is (like most games like this) I spent my first
two hours waiting to spawn more than player (but while waiting you get to
watch the better players).

> any way, i will have a spare copy of Half Life 2 &  Episode 1
> that i can give away October 9th if any one wants it.

As will I.

> Orange Box is well worth 45 bucks for all the stuff they give you..

Totally... I'll probably get it for the PS3 as well.  Play "Episode II" on
the big TV with surround sound and everything and still have all the fun
multiplayer on the PC.

Jim Davis