With all the hype about the iPhone, other great smartphones get too easily
overlooked. I finally after many years decided to drop my cellphone/PDA combo
and get a smartphone and by dumb luck came upon this new phone just out from
AT&T called the Tilt (overseas is the HTC Kaiser.) This baby rocks! It's got a
good slideout keyboard, nice QVGA screen that can tilt up when you use the
keyboard, lots of memory, 3 mb camera with autofocus, supports 3G and HSDPA for
high speed transfers, has built in GPS receiver, new windows mobile 6 OS, voice
command and dialing, microSD memory slot, replaceable battery, etc. They have a
promotional price and rebates on it right now which makes it only $300 with a
2-year contract and data plan. Of course, AT&T loads it all up with a bunch of
crap, demos and their proprietary apps, so the first thing I did was reflash it
with the HTC ROM which is not only much slimmer but one of the nicest looking
I've ever seen on a smartphone. If you're looking for a new phone, be sure to
check this out, it's really an amazing price for what is IMO the best
smartphone out there. I blogged about my smartphone search if you are crazy
enough to want to read the whole saga:

http://blog.cfwebstore.com/index.cfm/2007/10/5/An-iPhone-Not-for-me

--- Mary Jo