> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Ihrig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 12:52 PM
> To: CF-Community
> Subject: Re: Just Beat "Portal"
>
> I am stuck here
> http://guides.ign.com/guides/842671/page_25.html

I got stuck there for a bit (I just went through the game a second time for
the developer's commentary and got stuck there a bit again).

There's really nothing to say - it's pretty clear how it's done but there's
a little skill and (I think) a lot of luck.  I do have some advice:

1) Get your portal progression right!  The worst feeling is getting the shot
perfect only to have created the wrong portal!  This was one of my bigger
problems at first (I kept shooting the blue portal out from under me).
Basically you're leap-frogging portals: if you get launched out of the blue
you have to set the yellow and vice-versa - as you move forward you'll
basically do "blue-yellow-blue-yellow-blue-yellow" and so on.

2) Don't move laterally at all.  If you miss your shot at the next platform
it's very likely not to create a portal (there's not much "portal-ready
surface" around).  Just let yourself drop through and try again.  As long as
you don't move side-to-side (and you you're shooting the right portal!) you
can "bounce" until you get it right instead of starting over every time you
screw up.

I think this might be the hardest puzzle over-all but there are a few others
that come close later - but none (I think) that really need this level of
continuous coordinated effort.

In any case keep it up!  The end-game is so worth it.  ;^)

Jim Davis