My Mom was visiting so me and the Mrs tried to have a "date night".  No
movies playing that we wanted to see so, after thrashing about for ANYTHING
ELSE TO DO we spent an excruciating evening at a local comedy club (which
seats me, my bride and 35 smokers) listening to awful stoner humor (to be
fair the whole audience was awful stoners).

There's nothing to do here!

Just found out that Jonathon Coulton was just recently at Johnny D's in
Somerville (I live a few blocks away for 13 years and he doesn't show up...
I move to Scranton and "let's book a show"!)  The Brattle Theater has a
special "Bike Festival" featuring "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".  There's a
street-art exhibit in Central Square.

I don't regret moving out (there's still no way I could have ever afforded a
house in the area and my kids are much happier here) but damn, I do miss it.

Well, next weekend is the first annual "The Office" convention.  Which...
just doesn't look like it'll be that much fun.

Jim Davis