I used to be a car salesman so here are a few insider secrets.

Rule 1: Always drive the car first and drive as smoothly as possible, if the
customer gets first go then they are likely to make some errors due to
differences in gearboxes/brakes/controls/driving position etc. If they have
already experienced the car at it's best they blame themselves for not being
used to it, otherwise you start to hear "I don't like this gearbox", "The
brakes are too sharp" etc.

Rule 2: Plan your route. The outward journey (when you are driving) should
be slightly uphill if possible so that when the customer is driving back
downhill the car feels faster than it actually is. Also make sure that the
return route is as easy as possible - no complicated junctions etc.

There's a lot more I could tell you, but I'd risk a contract being put on my
head for breaking the salesmans vows...