> Simon wrote:
> When you didn't
> stay quiet after your "people near the equator are more likely to be
> poor" comment (which is absurd in and of itself)

Just to be clear, that's not my comment, it's an economics theory by
an author whose book I read a few years ago.

The reason I brought it up was because I was thinking about all of the
offshoring that was going on these days.

If I remember right, ~100 years ago, The British Empire was THE global
economic power and the British Pound was the world currency standard.
Then America rose grabbed that brass ring.

Are we in the midst of another transition with the weak dollar and
rising 3rd world?  Just a thought.