IMHO, no.  And this is where other beliefs come into play.

I know that there are people who believe homosexuality is a choice.  I
think these people are mistaken.  Promiscuity, sexual addiction aside,
is a choice.

To me, banning gays from <organization> is like banning blondes, or
blacks, or people with buck teeth.

--BenD