While the official statement is:

"We believe that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the requirements in
the Scout Oath that a Scout be morally straight and in the Scout law that
Scout be clean in word and deed, and that homosexuals do not prove a
desirable role model for Scouts."

However a court case in DC the following found:

"The Boy Scouts' discrimination is not based on conduct or expression. It is
based upon status."

They have terminated the membership of both celibate and non-celibate
homosexuals.

In a statement the BSA said that "an avowed homosexual cannot serve as a
role model for the traditional moral values espoused in the Scout Oath and
Law and that these values cannot be subject to local option choices. In
affirming its existing standards of leadership, the board also agreed that
duty to God is not a mere ideal for those choosing to associate with the Boy
Scouts of America; it is an obligation, which has defined good character
throughout the BSA's 92-year history."

Of course they're just as bad about atheists.  Here's a bit from an in
"American Atheists":

        "A posting from "Scouting For All," a national organization seeking
to make the BSA more inclusive by admitting homosexuals and nonbelievers,
said that Lambert's Atheism was discussed at an October 12 training session
for Scout Masters. The District Chairman, Glen Schmidt, reportedly said, "I
asked scouts during the training if they believe in god and if they don't I
boot them out. In order for scouts to become good citizens they must believe
in god."

        Schmidt then continued, "Anyone that doesn't believe in god isn't a
good citizen." He delivered a homily stating that if an Atheist happened to
find a wallet laying on the ground, they would "pick it up (and) plunder the
money."

        Another scout leader identified as Dave Jones then reportedly told
Lambert's mother, "If you have any other boys in the scouts that don't
believe in god they need to be kicked out..."

In this case the Scouts are specifically teaching hateful (and, I hope we
agree, dumb ass) things (that all atheists are immoral) to their leaders.

Jim Davis