Bruce, I think it's GREAT that you seem open to coming to a better
understanding of the science behind evolution. I wish more people with a
"creationist bent" (if you will) would do the same.

You really CAN believe in God and evolution.......

On Nov 18, 2007 12:46 PM, Dana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> you are welcome. I do not have time at the moment to read what Jim
> said, but it looks as though he has taken some time to answer this
> question. I'll try to get to it later but first I need to go write
> some stuff that I have been putting off for a while. If more questions
> arise I will try to answer them if nobody else has.
>
> The very brief answer I have for this, which for lack of time I have
> not verified anywhere and could therefore be wrong in the details, is
> that remains have in fact been found which are suggestive of a common
> ancestor.
>
> However, remember that we are talking about REALLY OLD remains, so
> very special conditions have to exist for even a skeleton to be found
> today. Add to this the fact that that long ago the population was very
> small, and we are doing well to have the few bones we do. They may not
> convince you, but people who do this full-time seem pretty certain
> that they are on the right track with this ;)
>
> Healthy skepticism is a good thing though.... otherwise we would all
> still be trying to balance our internal humors ;)
>
> Dana
>
>
> On 11/17/07, Bruce Sorge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Dana,
> > First of all thank you for your politeness. That was my intent when I
> > announced that I had to take care of personal business, and then get
> back to
> > this business of evolution. Apparently someone thought that they were
> more
> > important than me taking care of my personal business. And thanks to
> Adam
> > for not treating me like an idiot. Your post was very intelligent and I
> am
> > absorbing it.
> >
> > This ancestral theory that you are saying still does not totally
> convince
> > me. If we are related to primates (which on the surface is not hard to
> > believe since primates and humans are very similar at the genetic
> level),
> > then where is this primate that we are decedents of? This is what I am
> > talking about. I am not saying you are wrong and I am right. Obviously I
> > need to study up on this some more, but right now, with what I have read
> it
> > makes perfect sense to me that if we did descend from a common species,
> > there should be some proof of this common species. And if there is and I
> > have missed it, please guide me to where I can read about this.
> > And again I am not saying that we are here because of ID or anything
> like
> > that. Like I said, although I read the bible, go to church and bible
> study,
> > I am still not totally convinced that God merely wished the world to
> exist
> > and it did. Yes there is proof that some events in the bible occurred,
> but I
> > am having an issue with the whole blind faith thing.
> > So as you can see I am still on the fence about all of this. I want to
> learn
> > as much about both sides of the argument, and although I am not as smart
> as
> > some of you, I am intelligent, I just tend to work at a slower pace than
> > others.
> > So if someone was to ask me today how we got here, I would honestly have
> to
> > answer I don't know; I am still trying to understand that myself, and I
> only
> > hope that someday I will. Until then I will just enjoy each day, maybe
> even
> > practice radical happiness or something, I don't know.
> >
> >
> > Bruce
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Dana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 2:55 PM
> > To: CF-Community
> > Subject: Re: Great press for Our Lord and Savior
> >
> > I was waiting to see what Mr "there's no excuse for not responding"
> > had to say, but I guess he wandered off.
> >
> > Bruce, I think you are wrong, but let me see if I understand you.
> > Because I think we may be dealing with what No Child Left Behind did
> > to biology classes.
> >
> > You're saying that there should be an intermediate species between men
> > and monkeys if evolution is true? I am not making fun of you (and I
> > may be the only person in this thread that isn't). If you're asking a
> > serious question, I'll give you a serious answer.
> >
> > This is not a stupid question, but it stems from a misunderstanding of
> > what the theory of evolution actually says. According to this theory,
> > chimpanzees and gorillas and men stem from a common primate ancestor.
> > So men are not descended from monkeys -- they are cousins to monkeys,
> > kinda.
> >
> > The idea is that if we are in an environment where say a lot of fur
> > increased the odds of living long enough to reproduce -- as it might
> > at high altitude dor instance - then you'll get a lot lot of furry
> > individuals breeding together and their children will tend to be
> > furrier. That'sa really simplistic example, but that's it in a
> > nutshell.
> >
> > Does that help? It may for instance, give you an inkling that your
> > question does not have an actual answer, not because it is a good
> > question, but because it isn't.
> >
> > Dana
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Check out the new features and enhancements in the
latest product release - download the "What's New PDF" now
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/coldfusion/cf8_beta_whatsnew_052907.pdf

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246702
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to