On 12/3/07, Dana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ::cough:: complaint to the Better Business Bureau has worked well for me
> in
> the past.

I've never used the BBB card before in my life until last week. I had
purchased a report online a couple months ago, filled out the forms they
asked me to for it, submitted my card, blah blah. Ordinary online purchase.

I check my statement last week and see 3 charges for some Identity Theft
Service. WTF? So I call the number supplied with the charge and they say I
signed up for it when I ordered the report. I say, um, no I didn't. Not to
mention, I've never even heard of you. So then they said well company policy
is no refunds. That did it. Now I was not just IRATE, but frothing at the
mouth. I would never of Okayed membership into their program, didn't know
what it was, obviously haven't used it, BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA IT EXISTED! So
then I demanded to talk to their supervisor. Of course they didn't have one
there, but they were going to make an exception and refund 2 of the charges.

That of course sent me on my next tirade, at which point I said I was
contacting not only the BBB but that she was giving me the name and number
of her supervisor and leaving a message and a number for them to call me
back, and that I was calling every day until they refunded all three
payments.

That did it. I got my refunds immediately. Least I think the combination of
me with a controlled irate steely voice ;) and threatening the mob on them,
got some results.

What a hassle companies are these days.

<sigh>