Paul, since I will always take the side of Less Commute, I say take the
second job. Gives you more time on the side if you wanted to do other things
not to mention you won't be stressed over the commute.

With Job #1, you aren't figuring in the excessive wear and tear on the
vehicle, so you need to add money there for upkeep and deterioration of
value on the car. you also don't mention benefits of any kind. Does the wife
maintain head of household for that?

The difference in price is not life changing considering you've been
survivng all this time on a lot less. Life is short man. Save the extra time
for wifey chores and enjoyment. I think Job #2  might offer more room for
contacts and networking ...