Damn I so wanted this to be good, oh well move it to the dvd list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Churvis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 6:08 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Cloverfield blows goats

Okay.  been waiting for this one since the first trailer sighting many
months ago, and Mike (#2 son) and I had been really amped about going on
opening day (picked him up from school and went straight to the theater for
a 4:40 showing).

So the movie starts. and starts. and starts.  It's only an 84-minute film,
but there are twenty minutes of self-absorbed over-privileged
twenty-somethings whining as they simply must do, and a camera being slung
around on a lanyard.  Great for making you feel like you want to vomit from
motion sickness.  I'm thinking, "okay, pay attention, because this somehow
has to have something more than trivial significance later in the film."

Not a chance.

So the first thing happens (and I wake up), which on retrospect didn't make
any sense for the monster to be able to create a reaction like that.  Then
you can't see anything that's causing it, which you expect was the writer's
intention for building suspense, but it was only frustrating.  And then at
the end when you finally get a decent look at the monster, it not only is of
an entirely different scale than what you saw earlier, it doesn't really
look anything like what you saw earlier.

Alright, I get that it's a first-person perspective film.  But for the sake
of all that is decent in this world, get a minimal Manfrotto SteadyCam mount
and just loosen the spring tension to give it more slop than normal, then
film it that way.  Feeling like I want to spew chunks doesn't increase the
value of the film - or the entertainment.

At best, this thing will become a half-assed video game for little kids.

Adam's Rating: 9 Blown Goats (on a ten Blown Goat system, with ten Blown
Goats being something like Ishtar or Muriel's Wedding, and zero Blown Goats
being something like Godfather or American Beauty).

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis

President

Productivity Enhancement