Oh yeah, one more thing...

At the very end, when the video tape goes back to the earlier segment and
you see the water in the background of the Ferris wheel, you naturally are
looking intensely for something -- ANYTHING -- that makes it relevant to the
movie.  You're watching the water, the people, the sky.  Mike and I talked
about this afterward, and neither of us saw anything.

On Monday, David, who had seen Cloverfield later the same day Mike and I had
seen it, remarked, "I like how they tied it all together with that splash at
the end of the movie."

What fecking splash?!  I'm looking for the damned thing with baited breath,
but it's so unnoticeable that neither Mike nor I don't even see it?  You
call that good filmmaking?

So I revise my earlier review from 9 Blown Goats to a full *10 BLOWN GOATS*
for outright pissing me off *days* after the movie did its original damage.

Oh, the work this guy had to go through blowing no fewer than ten goats, one
right after the other, right out there in the middle of the barnyard.
Chasing them down, tackling them, immobilizing their horned little heads,
holding their hind legs so they don't kick him, and then, finally, blowing
them.

He could have taken all that effort and instead channeled it into making a
non-goat-blowing movie, or at least one that didn't place as much of a high
burden on the local goat population.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President