I've always liked that they don't take themselves too seriously.

Richard Dean Anderson (who was also MacGyver) plays the part of Jack
O'Neill and in one of the very first few episodes the SG1 team got into
some sticky situation and Samantha Carter asked Jack if he thought they
would be able to macgyver their way out of the situation.  He looked at
her and rolled his eyes as a nod to his previous role as MacGyver.

They make alot of pop culture and classic sci-fi references,
particularly in Atlantis, saying things like "you might as well ask me
to wear the red shirt".

They also aren't afraid to point out how ridiculous it is that they have
been in so many impossible situations over the years and have somehow
made it out of them all intact and alive.  Good mix of humor and sci-fi
goodness...

-Cameron