> Cam wrote:
> Ahh - Then I need to re-read the book.  I just pulled it off my
> bookshelf and dusted it off this morning.

I'm too lazy to read the book because nobody that favors this can ever
seem to answer the simple questions.  Cam said this:

"once, at the final point of purchase of new goods and services for
personal consumption. Used items are not taxed. Business-to-business
purchases for the production of goods and services are not taxed."

Which leads me to ask the same questions: what is new?  what is used?
what is "final point of purchase"?

For example, what stops me from starting my own online TV sales
business and buying wholesale, thus avoiding the tax?  Oh, and I'd
like a new car so now I sell cars too.

Oh, and you say you're too lazy to set up an online business as a tax
shelter?  No problem.  I'll buy the goods for you and only charge you
half of what the tax would've been.  Sweet new business!

So that's the problem: a zillion loopholes when it comes to defining
"new", "used", and "business".

And if the answer to that challenge is so complex that I have to read
a book to answer it then how is it any easier than the existing tax
which I also have to read a book to understand?