I don't give my last name, but it's hardly difficult to figure out who I am
with just a little searching.  Also, the Internet handle I use is pretty
unique.  I was the first person to ever use it and one of only 3 that I know
of who uses it even to this day, so there is no anonymity there.

I have shot my mouth off on this list a few times over the years and said
some things I probably wouldn't have said in hindsight, but am I afraid of
any of it?  Not really.  Am I embarrassed about it?  Not really.

If I have something on my mind I know will probably cause a fuss, 9 times
out of 10, I will simply keep my mouth shut.  As for that 10% of the time

Not to pick on Sam, but several weeks back, I said that it is very
frustrating to watch him argue.  To be honest, it drives me nuts.  I hardly
ever agree with anything he has to say and find his style of debate annoying
at best.  I didn't mean it as an insult to him, it's just a fact.  Would I
still work with him, given the chance?  Sure.  Would he work with me?  I
hope so.

This isn't a very serious example, but the point is, if someone is going to
take you to task professionally for something you say 'privately', then you
probably don't want a professional relationship with them anyway.  I am
mostly with Adam on this one; If you can't say it with enough confidence to
stick your name to it, then why bother?

Then again, perhaps I am simply naive.

And 'Vivec', you have been...comfortable here since day one ;)

PT
-----
Shooting his mouth off, for a better tomorrow.

PT PS:  I would love to have the guts to run for office and have someone
bring up something I said online in the past just so I could look them in
the eye and ask, "So?  What's your point?"