you would know more about the rules of warfare than I so I defer to
you in that. However -- those people who were finally charged with the
crimes of 9/11 were charged onthe basis of allegations made under
torture which nullifies the validity of the proceedings in many
people's eyes, which is an enormous shame since *they do appear to be
guilty regardless.*

Leaving ethics aside (a big aside) it's still really stupid.