Kinda playing devil's advocate. For a sec... not directed at Loathe, but at
the conversation in general...

We're in a state of war, like it or not, agree with it or not, it's the
current state of affairs. In order to successfully clean up this mess, so
Loathe, Bruce, my brother in law, my friend Kevin and others don’t have to
be in harm's way any longer than is absolutely necessary, we need
intelligence (the spy kind, not the brain kind, although we need that too)

How do we gather that intelligence from individuals without coercion,
without torture... obviously the "Hi we're the US Armed Forces, we're here
to liberate you" approach isn't going to work. Can you bribe someone and get
credible intel, can you inject them with sodium penethol (sp?) and get
credible intel, can you make promises to them and get credible intel.

I don’t consider what they did to Saddam Hussein as torture, it basically
was extreme sleep deprevation, water boarding sounds like it sucks... bad.

How do we get the intel without making life uncomfortable for those that
have it..

--
Scott Stewart
ColdFusion Developer