I think that they probably are guilty of what they are accused of and
of wanting to do worse. I think that the validity of their trials will
be questioned because of the waterboarding and because of all the
deceit and incompetence that has surrounded such detainees.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with you. It is not that my heart bleeds
for the architect of 9/11. It is that we have managed to put the
United States in the wrong on this issue. I think torture is a
horrifying alternative. I deplore it. I don't think I am ready to say
it should *never* be used, but on the othre hand, if its results are
unreliable anyway what good is it?