On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Jim Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> With the ISS becoming more and more the "NASA doing everything SS" how can
> you not feel just a little national pride?

Really???? I have been getting the exact opposite feeling lately, actually.
Didn't they just attach a lab that was built in Japan? Wasn't their addition
just before that a Chinese built lab? Didn't they finally get a Russian
built section installed recently as well????

I know that NASA does a lot of the heavy lifting with their space shuttles,
but i think the ISS has become decidedly more "international" lately.

I just wish that NASA got more respect here... it's a rotten shame to see
> some of the most important programs we have being scrapped due to
> short-sighted budget cuts.

Agreed. NASA is one of those agencies that I'm almost always in favor of
fully funding...no matter how crazy their ideas (yeah, I even love SETI).

--
My word's but a whisper
Your deafness, a shout