Reference point:

I am not anti-military. Most soldiers are bright and idealistic, and
yes, they have to do what they are told. My issues are with what they
are told to do, and if I seem bitter about it sometimes it is because
I think that irreplaceable lives are being lost for very bad reasons.

We need a military. It should be used rarely but very effectively.

Hopefully this clear *that* up.