> I'm with you Todd. I think we'll just have to get used to the fact that there
> will be a lot of Sam's out there, and the rest of us will just have to move
> this country forward without them. Obama talks about bringing in
> everyone.....but the very people he is talking about...the Sam's....refuse to
> believe in a united America. To hell with them. I have no problem moving
> forward without them, frankly. Let them be miserable.....I, for one, am tired
> of apologizing for being inspired.

I believe in a united America. You seem to believe bringing your kids to hate
America Sunday school will unite the country. That's what I don't get.

So what's the plan to unite? Acknowledge racism so we can move on? We all know
it exists. Embrace it and teach it to our children? I think not.

Hmm maybe this is the plan:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NjkwNzRiMzQ1YzYzYzAxNDBjMTc2MmFiNDA3NjhjOTE=

Indeed, Obama says that pretty much any inconvenient discussion of race is a
distraction from what America really needs: a huge expansion of the welfare
state. Obama says our racial problems can be healed with more money. By
“investing in our schools and our communities; by enforcing our civil rights
laws and ensuring fairness in our criminal justice system; by providing this
generation with ladders of opportunity that were unavailable for previous
generations.” The path for blacks, Obama insists, requires “binding our
particular grievances — for better health care, and better schools, and
better jobs — to the larger aspirations of all Americans — the white woman
struggling to break the glass ceiling, the white man who’s been laid off, the
immigrant trying to feed his family.”

Meanwhile, the “real culprits” for our problems are: “a corporate culture
rife with inside dealing, questionable accounting practices and short-term
greed; a Washington dominated by lobbyists and special interests; economic
policies that favor the few over the many.”

Sigh. Here we go again.

For all the wonderful rhetoric and tantalizing promise of Obama and his speech,
there’s not much that is actually new here. This was largely a restatement of
Jeremiah Wright’s indictment of America, delivered in University of Chicago
parlance instead of South Side Chicago diatribe.

The old baggage has been replaced with shinier suitcases, but the contents are
the same as ever. Black America’s problems can be solved by spending more
money on the same old Great Society programs. Any talk about black America’s
problems that takes the eyes off that prize is a “distraction.” And, yet
again, white Americans can prove their commitment to racial justice by going
along with more big government. My hope for something better proved too
audacious in the end.