I should have been clear: they can't breed with EACH OTHER.  They can breed
(and they were pretty sure they could) with humans.

> > +) The cyclons evolved the human cyclons sometime AFTER the first
> cyclone
> > war (sometime in the past 40 years).
>
> So the story goes.
>
> > +) As far as we can tell (so far at least) they don't age.  We've
> never seen
> > an "old" Six or Sharon.  At the very least, since they "born" fully
> grown
> > they can't be any younger than that.
>
> But there is an "old" cylon. and Xena, Warrior Cylon is getting a
> little long in the tooth, though I guess her line is shut down now...

Yes - but all individuals of the same model are the same age.  There is an
old cylon, but no younger/older individuals OF THAT MODEL.

In short the same actors have played all individuals of the same model - no
make-up, no younger or older actors, etc.  Even on the scenes of the Cylon
home-worlds we've seen only exact replicas of each model.

> >  Now we were under the impression
> > that the cyclons couldn't breed themselves, but could with humans (as
> with
> > Sharon and Hilo).  But if both male AND female cyclons are fertile
> with
> > humans... why not with each other?  It just seems wrong but let's
> leave
> > it... we're still left with another half-cylon baby.
>
> Two artificial beings cannot reproduce, but one artificial and one
> human seems logical. Doesn't it?
> Though I think that Tyrol is a red herring (as is Tigh...)
>
> > But forget all that for a while.
>
> forget what?

All those questions - the ones you've answered.  They were secondary and
pretty easily explained away.  ;^)

> > Moving on to Anders.  He was a freakin' sports star on Caprica!
> Apparently
> > a big one!  Wouldn't we have to assume that his past was open to the
> press?
> > That his childhood haunts were tracked down?  At the very least
> wouldn't we
> > have to assume some kind of career?  Several years at least?  How
> does
> > somebody like this just appear out of nowhere (presumably not long
> ago) and
> > become a major public figure?
>
> So far, he's the only one we *know* is a plant, and yes, he has the
> backstory issues, but not insurmountable. Perhaps his parents were
> killed in a Tillium mining accident or devoured by Ovions? :-P

I know - we can create any number of back-stories and we can push the
creation of the human-form Cylons back further and further... unless they
DON'T really age.  If we see another "Anders" played by the same actor, what
then?  He would have needed ot be introduced into society in the past 5 or 7
years, tops - right?

How long can somebody go without aging before somebody else (or themselves)
notice?

> > Tigh is the real puzzler - we KNOW that he was around BEFORE the end
> of the
> > Cylon war.  He served with Adama!  Clearly he's aged appropriately
> otherwise
> > somebody might have mentioned it.  We know that he's been around for
> > decades!  Even if we assume that the human-formed cyclons were
> developed
> > almost immediately after the war (or even before the ending) how do
> we
> > possibly explain Tigh?
>
> Red Herring. We've already seen Tigh as a younger man on the series,
> so obviously, if it is true that the 4 don't age, then it can't be
> him. If he is capable of aging, then I give you the following
> hypothesis: The last 5 are one-off models.

Maybe - it might work.

But it's still stretching things to think that these four (and probably soon
to be five) completely unique, "one-offs" all:

a) survived the initial attacks that killed billions.  We might assume that
Terol and Tigh were subliminally programmed to "stick together" and get into
space... but the other two have life paths that just seem random in this
light.

b) survived all the other attacks, occupations, raids, etc.  We've seen all
of them nearly killed by the Cylons countless times.

c) ended up in positions of power/influence on the same ship, at the same
time.

I mean we can forgive them... but it is stretching the point really thin, I
think.

Of course another possible answer (and one they'll probably, annoyingly use)
is that all of this was predestined.  We don't have to explain why they
survived and came together because "it was meant to be" and that's that.

> That's right! i sedz it!
>
> The five have been kept secret because they don't want the other
> Cylons to know about them, having fully integrated as "humans."
> They're not sleepers.

I think you're essentially correct there - at least I don't think that these
four will "turn" on the fleet.  They'll maintain their self-awareness.

> > Finally if the cylons can recognize another Cylone either through the
> scan
> > across space (as we saw the Raider do in tonight's episode)
>
> I think that the red flash you saw was not Anders being "activated" it
> was Anders giving the "bug out" sign. Hence the sudden leaving.
> the fighter-Cylon recognized a "Boss"

True... we might say that before he knew he was a Cylon he couldn't
communicate it in ANY way.  And now that he does he is... even if only
subliminally.

> They (Cylons) also managed to put an RCA jack in Sharon's arm that was
> never detected by Human Med-scan, so I guess we're going to have to be
> content with a few holes.

Exactly... those holes I can live (uncomfortably) with... but they are
starting to toss more and more on the pile.  You can always forgive a few
inconsistencies for the sake of the broader story, but the more they add the
precariously balanced the pile gets.

> > I'm still kind of hoping (vainly) that we find out that the "new"
> Cyclons
> > aren't really cylons... but that's not going to happen.  I'm really
> hoping
> > they explain all of this well... but I'm also worried that they went
> for
> > pure shock value despite the fact that it makes no freakin' sense at
> all.
>
> I'm still thinking that Tyrol and Tigh are human. Anders is definite
> and i think in one of the S4 promos I saw Tori doing something, and I
> didn't see her do it in Ep from the other night.

I'd love it if Tyrol and Tigh were human - both of them could have easily
been "implanted" with something during the occupation that make them think
they're Cylons.  Perhaps the existence of the two real Cylons triggered it?

> > I LOVE this show... but this just isn't sitting well.  It seems like
> they
> > just did whatever they hell they wanted and through history and
> continuity
> > out the window.  I hope they didn't... but I also got the sense in
> > interviews that these guys are just a little full of themselves.
> Maybe
> > they've entered into the phase where nobody's telling them what
> sucks?
>
> +1

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it.

In any case I'm still glued to the screen so they haven't jumped the shark
quite yet... ;^)

Jim Davis