Yeah I suppose if that was my experience I would call it a steaming pile as
well.

My load out was with 2gigs and I ran Eclipse ( with MyEclipse but no
FlexBuilder) + jboss with cf8 cf7 and BD7 or glassfish with all the same
cfml instances. Not sure how bloated FlexBuilder is but I bet that probably
adds a bit of overhead to the mix heh. It is worth mentioning I did tweak
Vista quite a bit up front I never tried to run stuff with the default setup
as there was absolutely too much clutter and crap polluting my workspace. I
did the same with XP so I didn't figure it worth mentioning but if I recall
Aero is rather expensive in the terms of resources. It is also worth
mentioning that this weekend I finally made the switch back to Mac and
couldn't be happier, though I am guess if i plunked that much down on a
Windows Machine I would have a pretty kick ass laptop as well so we'll leave
it at that.

Adam Haskell