For one thing, the trigger model is entirely different between the two
platforms.

The one advantage Oracle really has over MSSQL is its trigger model.  There
are 14 different types of triggers in Oracle, dealing with both row-level
(which MSSQL doesn't have) and set-level operations, schema-level, and for
each phase (before and after).

Also, stored procedures and stored packages are more complicated and harder
to work with in Oracle.  To my knowledge, The ColdFusion MX Bible contains
the only written example of using highly performant compile-time-bound
cursors rather than the slower runtime-bound cursors that everybody and
their cousin uses as examples of how to retrieve data using stored
procedures.  I discovered this technique was possible and decided to put it
in the book, but few people know to use it.

The only thing I'm jonesing for in MSSQL at this point is an Oracle-like
row-level trigger, but it probably won't happen.  You can accomplish
something similar after a fashion using InsteadOf triggers in MSSQL, but it
just ain't the same.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis