Everything requires more lines of code.

I like CF over say PHP, it's easier and quicker to write.

I feel the same way about the SQL Server/Oracle debate.

Also you have to write code for damned near everything you do with
oracle, with SQL Server you can do 95% of it visually.  Yes I know that
tools like TOAD give you some of the same or similar functionality, but
it's still easier with the SQL Server tools.  Take creating large scale
normalized relationships and ERDs to go with them.  I can do it all in
Enterprise manager, table creation, column creation, datatypes, foreign
key relationships, indexes, primary key assignment.  I use SS diagrams
for DB architecture work all the time. TOAD just doesn't meet the same
standards.

Plus I find things like replication, backups and security are easier to
manage.  Thats without even getting into the benefits of DTS packages
and their many uses.

Don't get me wrong.  You can do some more complex things in Oracle than
you can in SQL Server, and from what I understand Oracle is still faster
with large scale data sets (a million plus records).  How many of us
really have these hug tables though?