> gruss wrote:
>> Sam wrote:
>> You might want to read up on The Jefferson Bible, or The Life and
>> Morals of Jesus of Nazareth as it is formally titled
>>

> Accurate title.  Jesus of Nazareth vs. Jesus Christ, Son of God.

HA!  I'm kind of embarassed to say that all the facts I've been
beating you down with I basically learned in a musical, 1776.

But now for the really funny part (not to you, Sam):

Well, after I responded to you mistaken notion that Jefferson was
Christian, I decided I better do a quick Wiki check on the Jefferson
Bible.  I bet you, Sam, found exactly what I did:

"In an 1803 letter to Joseph Priestley, Jefferson states that he
conceived the idea of writing his view of the "Christian System" in a
conversation with Dr. Benjamin Rush during 1798–99. He proposes
beginning with a review of the morals of the ancient philosophers,
moving on to the ethics of the Jews, and concluding with the
"principles of a pure deism" taught by Jesus, "omitting the question
of his deity."