I disagree, ice ages occur like clockwork and we are overdue for one now....

and as for weather forecasts I agree they seem to be particularly wrong at the
moment, at least here in western Canada where environment Canada are predicting
a hot dry summer and so far its been cold and wet.

1,500 Years of Cooling in the Arctic:
http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.php/2008/02/04/1500-years-of-cooling-in-the-arctic/

[quote]

“The late-twentieth century is not exceptionally warm in the new Torneträsk
record: On decadal-to-century timescales, periods around AD 750, 1000, 1400,
and 1750 were all equally warm, or warmer. The warmest summers in this new
reconstruction occur in a 200-year period centred on AD 1000. A ‘Medieval
Warm Period’ is supported by other paleoclimate evidence from northern
Fennoscandia, although the new tree-ring evidence from Tornetraäsk suggests
that this period was much warmer than previously recognised.”

[/quote]