From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:02 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: We're Wasting our Time on Mars

I got the link from BadAstronomy.com:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/32833.html

Apparently it's a total waste of money to go to Mars to search for life
because:

"Mars is a desert planet and perhaps there is ice and maybe even water
there. So what? Who cares? It's water! That doesn't mean a thing. Life
originated on Earth when God spoke it into existence and there is no need in
wasting billions of dollars of taxpayer money searching for an answer that
is based upon faulty evolutionary ideas."

(Just to be clear as well: the Phoenix was nowhere NEAR "billions of
dollars")

Of course he follows that immediately by suggesting that the money would be
better spent... on science.  To "fight disease" and "research cancer".  So
cancer research (which is absolutely based on those "faulty" evolutionary
ideas) is fine.

I'm in constant amazement concerning the level of compartmentalization and
intellectual dishonesty displayed by evangelicals.  I'm also amazed by the
level of control the seek to exert over their God.  Apparently the
"almighty" couldn't speak life into existence on Mars?  Or anyplace he damn
well wanted?

Jim Davis