On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Beth In Alaska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> and Cameron if you read the article I posted, other religious groups CANNOT
> get a license plate like this one:

Admittedly, I didn't read the article.

> "While individuals can ask the DMV to print plates for other faiths -- for a
> $4,000 fee -- the request would be subject to significant limits and rules
> not imposed for the Christian plate. Other tags could feature a religious
> symbol -- such as the Star of David -- but no words would be allowed."

This is pretty much the same thing to me.  A symbol with two words
that aren't specifically Christian.

At the end of the day though, I just don't care.  I'm not particularly
religious, and I'm all for separation of church and state, but you
only get this plate if you specifically ask for it (and pay extra for
it) and there are more important things to me that what someone else's
car butt has on it.

I just think sometimes people get all in a twist over things and I
just don't get it.  Not just that I disagree with them, but that I
just don't think that the underlying argument even really matters in
any meaningful way.  This is one of those times.

-Cameron