I like my PNY Attache 8 GB.  Fast and sturdy and I only paid $27 on sale at
NewEgg.  But it does have a "lossy" cap so it doesn't sound like what you're
looking for.

Newegg.com is pretty good for looking tho' - most items have several high
quality images and plenty of user reviews.  It looks like several a-data
drives have retractable USB plugs.

Cyberguys.com also has pretty good prices and favors interesting gadgets.  I
got one of these for my wife to hold her embroidery files:

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/SearchDetail.asp?productID=21740

It's very tiny and might serve, but I wouldn't vouch for it yet since she's
barely touched it.

They're prices are iffy, but geeks.com also, sometimes, has the niftier
products.  I noticed a bunch of "pocket knife" folding units for example
that might serve.

Jim Davis