>i don't know
>i could take them up on a 12 hour car ride and kennel them up there.

Not much point in doing that. If it's risky to take them, go with the local
kennel. I understand the dilemma though, even if it might seem silly to some
people. I only took vacations without Taz a handful of times during his life
and would sometimes drive a few hours to leave him with friends rather than put
him in a kennel. But I do think the playtime with other dogs each day would
make a big difference, I'd have been more inclined to go for it if I knew he
wouldn't just be in a dog run for a whole week.

--- Mary Jo