From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 10:24 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Favorite Podcasts?

And we probably will again next vacation.  ;^)

It's not a bad conversation to have again tho'... I'm one of those people
that go away for four or five days and make sure to have years-worth hours
of entertainment: my handheld has a few dozen books, years worth of
crossword puzzles, and a bunch of RSS feeds.  My PSP has 10 or 12 movies and
games and my Sansa has 8 Gig worth of Podcasts.

I may only get a few hours to actually use this stuff... but it comforts me
to know it's all there.  ;^)

> If you're into fiction, I'll plug three podcasts:
> EscapePod - http://www.escapepod.org was originally
> SciFi/Fantasy/Light Horror (on Halloween).  Now they just do Sci-Fi
> because they've spun off :
> PodCastle - http://www.podcastle.org Which is fantasy from all around
> the genre and
> PseudoPod - http://www.pseudopod.org which supposedly is horror but I
> don't subscribe to it.

I think last time I asked I got into EscapePod for a while... but I hadn't
started using RSS so I lost it.

In general (since I'll be listening to most of this in the car) is it
appropriate for kids?  My son is usually buried in his DS and I let my
daughter watch cartoons on the PSP if she gets antsy but I still don't want
inappropriate material to waft about the cabin.

Actually I just noticed that Escape Pod presents ratings as well... perfect!
PseudoPod looks right up my alley... but it won't be for the car.

> Oh, and if you have time, drop me a note and we can have coffee!

We should (I don't drink coffee, but we'll work out somethin').  I'm not
sure if we'll be online, tho'. We're going to be leaving here Thursday
morning and leaving there Sunday.  The reunion party itself is Saturday so
that' pretty much out.

My cell number is 617-501-2153 - give me a call when you're free.  We've got
a room booked at the Days Inn Tonawanda (Niagara Falls Blvd, across from the
Blvd Mall).  I might spend the nights at my grandmother's (but I'm not going
to put the whole family through sleeping on the floor).

Thursday night or really anytime Friday should be fine, I would think.

Thanks,

Jim Davis