> Why? You've demonstrated the value of your opinions many times (i.e., not
> worth
the electrons wasted in reproducing it).

There are people that respect others opinions, myself, and then there are
slugs, like you.

> Iraq had nothing to do with AQ.

But they were funding and training terrorists.

> If you're thinking that if "we attack them
there, so they won't attack us", that's been shown to be wrong a long time ago.

When was the last attack?

> If anything the Ba'athists were more against radical jihadism than almost any
other group.

This was proven wrong by the captured documents. As much as they hated al Qaeda
they hated the US more and offered to help them attack the US.

> The only real effect that the invasion of Iraq had on AQ was to
give them a breathing space. We had them on the run and were near to completely
crushing them. Then most of the regular and special forces were removed for the
Iraq invasion, that gave AQ and the Taliban the opportunity to regroup.

Most of al Qaeda and there wannabees went to Iraq to fight and lost. Now while
the headquarters might be rebuilt in Pakistan they have no army left.

> Now the
Taliban are resurgent in Afghanistan and have all but isolated Kandehar, and
have possibly retaken many of the Pashtun provinces in the south.

Taliban != al Qaeda
But since most jihadist went to Iraq to die shouldn't Afghanistan be easier now?