::sigh:: well I don't wanna go look up what Gruss said exactly. If you
felt like Gruss was being disrespectful perhaps you have a small
point. But in a world where John Kerry gets swiftboated and  Max
Cleland is called unpatriotic I think you are being a bit thin-skinned
about it. And yes, I do realize that McCain denounced the Cleland ad,
to his credit.

I am merely saying that I appreciate the man's love of country but I
don't think his wartime experiences make him more qualified to lead
than say Tim or Hatton. Perhaps they make him less so as they were not
confined during their service. McCain may be superbly qualified in
other ways but the service itself not the trump card the Republicans
seem to want it to be. And for the record I cringed when Kerry harped
on his too.