not really. not a lot of courage involved actually. that behavior is expected
of any POW. moreover given his family status etc., that sort of thing would be
considered to be standard behavior rather than anything extraordinary.

As I said, being a POW did not give him any special qualifications. Any more
than Kerry's act of bravery gave him special qualifications. And yes I am
linking the two.