> RoMunn wrote:
> Because of his family's public status and his rank, John McCain had an
> opportunity to be released from Vietnamese captivity earlier than his
> fellow prisoners. Knowing that he would be tortured, he refused early
> release and said that he would go home when they all went home.
>
> That is leadership. That is courage. That is John McCain.

Of type that we absolutely don't need right now which is exactly why
he's the wrong guy this time.  We need more than a good soldier.  We
need a thoughtful leader.

McCain has a foreign agent as his top adviser.  McCain supports the
disaster of Iraq.  McCain voted with Bush - a failed president - 90%+
of the time.

So, sure, he has courage, but courage without wisdom is useless.  And
that is John McCain.

Frankly, I don't think we want a leader who has the courage to keep us
where we'll get tortured for the next 4 years.