Yes he did, probably for the same reason that McCain does...it was a
profound moment in their lives that permanently changed and shaped their
world view.

It's one thing to get a bit tired of hearing about it, it's quite another to
turn that into an attack of some kind. They did it too Kerry, now it's being
done to McCain.

It just bugs me because people buy into it. My republican friends bought
into the Kerry swift boating in 2004, and now people are buying into the
McCain rap in 2008. Gel thinks McCain is saying he is qualified to be prez
because he's a POW.....and worse, Gruss thinks its somehow disrespectful for
McCain to talk about his service, just because some other service men don't!

Maybe I hold military service in too high a regard....because I know it's
something that is both essential to my survival and beyond my capacity.

--
The flowers smell sweeter
The closer you are to the grave