>you were raided by ponies?

Asseteague Island has wild ponies on it. About 150 of them
http://antiwrap.com/x48bab4942cb00
http://antiwrap.com/x48bab46e09f93

They're descended from horses and ponies that survived shipwrecks 300 years ago
and others that simply escaped from farms etc. They roam free on the islands.

The ponies are also like large rats. A couple of horses broke into where we
were keeping our food at about midnight or 1am. They ate all the bread and
crackers, the Italian sausage and some of the aged cheddar. The horses also
scattered some other stuff throughout the campsite. At least they didn't touch
the wine or the beer, we would have been eating horse steak otherwise. All in
all after we shooed them off we discovered they left something in return - it
took me a while to get rid of the piles of manure.

Anyhow Thursday morning I made a run out to a store nearby to replace some of
the supplies and bring in more wood for the firepit and for the fire we had on
the beach Thursday night.