The one I'm working on was sort of half-written. It's a way to
categorize the blog itself, by a topic area, and then a widget to show
other blogs categorized with the same topic. We're going to write a
theme, too, that takes the most recent posts from all the blogs from
the various topics and creates a portal at the mother blog. Someone
else had started doing the blog categories plug in, but it was written
really poorly for what we want to do - storing the topic in the blog's
options tables. So, you couldn't say, "get all blogs of topic X"
without looping through all the blogs and then querying each topic
table. Blech.

It's been a crash course of a week, since I had no experience with
PHP, or really with working with WPMU. But, I'm having a blast. I have
a working plugin after a week's playing around, and now it just needs
some polish.

Good to know that there are others in the CF world that I can holler
at if I get stuck, though.

Oh, and consuming PHP via CF? I'm so out of touch with the latest CF
features. We're still stuck on MX. Which is, of course, one of the
reasons we're looking at other options.

-d