You are right. There will be some instances where the courts will need
to step in. Once that happens, then there will be a need to ensure that
there are no negative consequences for women, which probably means more
litigation. Eventually it will come to a point where if you are a woman
it will be harder for you to get a job because all the hiring manager
can think of is if and when their company will be sued for something. Of
course, if the company is doing the right thing, they should have no
worries.  There is a lot of work that needs to be done to ensure
equality for not only women, but minorities as well. Hopefully we will
see this in our lifetime. I would love to know that by the time my
daughter is done with school and is in the workforce, she is treated
equally. But since she is almost 18 I doubt it.

I wonder though, once the current generation of corporate big wigs are
retired and a new generation of managers and higher ups are in charge,
will they be willing to shed the ways of old and embrace equality for
everyone. I guess time will tell.

Bruce