Take it one step further...

I'm a firm believer in the Big Bang and expanding universe theories, but
not matter how many different ways you look at it.
When the question is asked... "Ok, how did the big ball of matter get
there in the first place".. IMO it can only lead to one answer,
that there's a grand scheme set forth by a creator, and it's mankind's
challenge to discover how it works.

We've been given the tools (science) to discover how our universe works,
by our creator. We were never meant to have all the answers handed to us
in one book,
and simply accept it and not evolve and expand our knowledge.