Michael,

Nope, attacked the civilians too. The American revolutionaries went on a
campaign against those civilians who still supported the crown during the
revolutionary war. About one third of the population were loyalists, those
who supported the crown. Quite a few of them were locked up in
concentration camps and had their land and property confiscated. Later they
were deported from the 13 colonies.

Hate to say it, but that sounds very familiar.

larry