I say build an underwater tunnel.. like the Lincoln Tunnel.

Make sure it has 25 lines in each direction though to prevent the issue you
have with the Lincoln and Holland Tunnel today. ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Erika L. Walker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 3:45 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: the bridge to nowhere

If you look at this on Google maps - *http://tinyurl.com/5ql7y5

Then it seems like a no-brainer to build a bridge... **Yeah, bridge to
nowhere isn't quite a fair label looking at the map.

**But is there something wrong with just keeping the ferry as transport or
is it a convenience factor? Asking out of curiosity because I don't know how
truly busy the place is... is a bridge warranted? If it is - why is everyone
so opposed to it?

Obviously not a huge issue in the scheme of things - I just found the topic
interesting. Alaska is like a foreign world to me ;)

*