They did the same thing to Red Dawn.

The original cut had the Soviet-backed Cuban commander instructing his
Lieutenant to "Go to City Hall and look for all Form (some form number)'s
which are private gun registrations.  Go to their homes, and kill them."

The Hollywood liberals went apeshit because it lent credence to the claims
of gun rights advocates who said registration was the first step toward
confiscation (like they did in California at least once now that I know of).
So they re-released it without the "Go to their homes, and kill them."
Watch carefully next time and you'll see a rather abrupt cut to the next
scene.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President